Use this document for steps on how to disable Cell Broadcast on Mobile Internet devices. This update is not an Over-the-Air (OTA) update and can only be downloaded from the T-Mobile Download Center. This update only applies to the following devices:
- Dell Mini & Dell Mini 4G
- Jet 2.0 4G
- USB Laptop Stick
- Rocket 3.0 (Refer to Firmware update: T-Mobile Rocket 3.0 for steps. This update was included with the connection manager.)
To disable Cell Broadcast...
Important: This update is not done through the connection manager and can only be performed on a computer running Microsoft Windows.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet and open a web browser.
- Go to www.t-mobile.com/webconnectupgrade.
- Find the appropriate product and select Get Software.
- Find and download the Device Update link.
- Save the file to the Desktop.
- Important: For laptop sticks, close the Connection Manager. The device must remain plugged into a USB port and disconnected from the network.
- Open the file.
- If prompted, select Run.
- Windows will display this message if the device has already received this update.
- This update will not alter firmware or software versions.
- This message will be the only indication the device has been updated.
- After the update completes, select OK.
Was this helpful?