Learn how to share your mobile internet with other devices using the T-Mobile Hotspot.
On this page:
- The hotspot network name (SSID) is the name of the Wi-Fi network you'll need to connect to.
- The default hotspot network name (SSID) and password can be found inside the back panel of your mobile hotspot by removing the back cover and battery.
- You can change the SSID and password using the WebUI Manager
- Hold the Power button for 3 seconds until all LED indicators illuminate.
- Wait for the Network and Wi-Fi Indicators to come on, one at a time.
- When the Network and Wi-Fi icons light up, the Wi-Fi connection is enabled.
- Hold the Power button for 3 seconds until all LED indicators turn off.
- The Network and Wi-Fi connections have been disabled.
To connect your Wi-Fi enabled device to your hotspot for internet access, follow these steps.
- Make sure your hotspot is turned on.
- Select the Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID).
- Enter the Wi-Fi Password.
- Refer to the Hotspot WebUI Manager or the Quick Start Guide if you need to change your hotspot Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) or Wi-Fi Password.
To connect your Wi-Fi enabled device to the mobile hotspot using a USB-C cable instead of using the Wi-Fi network follow these steps.
- Make sure your mobile hotspot is on and has an active data connection.
- Connect one end of the USB C cable to the hotspot and the other end to your device.
- Your device will detect a network connection via USB automatically.
- Check your connection by visiting a website.