Learn how to share your mobile internet with other devices using the Franklin T9 Mobile Hotspot.
On this page:
- The Mobile Hotspot network name (SSID) is the name of the Wi-Fi network you'll need to connect to.
- The default Mobile Hotspot network name (SSID) and password can be found on the device display. Just press the Power/Menu button shortly when the display is on..
- The default SSID is "FranklinT9 + the last 4 digits of the IMEI" and the default Wi-Fi password is a random password. Please find the password on the display screen of the device.
- You can change the SSID and password using the Mobile Hotspot Admin Page.
- Press the Power/Menu button on the mobile hotspot hotspot for 3 seconds. The LED indicator will light up and the display screen will turn on.
- Wait for the Network and Wi-Fi Indicators to come on, one at a time.
- When the Network and Wi-Fi icons light up blue, the Wi-Fi connection is enabled.
- Press the Power/Menu button on the mobile hotspot until "Goodbye" message appears on the display screen. The LED indicator light will also turn off.
- The Network and Wi-Fi connections have been disabled.
To connect your Wi-Fi enabled device to your Mobile Hotspot for internet access, follow these steps:
- Make sure your Mobile Hotspot is turned on.
- Select the Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID).
- The Wi-Fi network name and password can be found on the display screen. Just press the power/menu button shortly when the display is on.
- The default is "FranklinT9 + the last 4 digits of IMEI".
- The IMEI can be found on the back of the device, under the battery, or on the box it came in.
- Enter the Wi-Fi Password. The default password is a random password and can be found on the device display screen. Just press the Power/Menu button shortly when the display is on.
If you need to change your Mobile Hotspot Password or Network Name, refer to the Mobile Hotspot Admin Page or the User manual.
Was this helpful?