Safe mode is designed to help you find problems with your apps and widgets, but it disables parts of your phone. Pressing or holding certain buttons during start up will bring up recovery mode.
For help with any step on your device, visit the Devices page, select your device, and find the steps there.
Read me first
Before following the steps below, ensure the following:
Restart the device.
Remove any phone cases, and keep them off while testing.
Make sure no buttons are stuck.
Uninstall all apps that you downloaded or updated around the time the problem started.
Remove and re-insert the battery. If it's not removable, perform a soft reset.
- Wipe the cache partition.
- Perform a master reset on the device. (Visit your Devices page, and use the Device Reset page for help.)
- Hold the volume up button and then press the power button. Use the volume up or volume down to highlight Reboot system and then press the power button to select it.
- Test if your device shows this error again.
- Perform a master reset on your device.
- If these steps do not work, contact your device's manufacturer.