Get help if your device is stuck in Safe Mode or Recovery Mode. For help with steps, use our tutorials.
Steps for all issues
- Restart the device.
- Remove any phone cases, and keep them off while testing.
- Make sure no buttons are stuck.
- Uninstall all apps that you downloaded or updated around the time the problem started.
- Remove and re-insert the battery. If it's not removable, perform a soft reset.
Stuck in Safe Mode
Device shows an exclamation mark (Recovery mode)
- Hold the Volume Up key and press the Power key to enter recovery mode.
- Use the Volume Up or Volume Down to highlight Reboot system, then press the Power key to select it.
- Test if your device shows this error again.
- Use Recovery Mode to delete all information and reset the device.
- If these steps do not work, contact your device's manufacturer.
Turn off Safe Mode on Android
Was this helpful?