Check out the info below for info on how to set up your non T-Mobile iPhone or iPad.
- The iPhone 5c, 5s, and newer iPhones from other US carriers and Apple stores are compatible with the T-Mobile 2G/3G/4G/LTE networks.
- Some features may not work on T-Mobile's network when using unofficially unlocked iPhones. Software updates may re-lock these devices as well.
- Assistance with unlocking your non T-Mobile iPhone or iPad cannot be provided for non T-Mobile devices.
- Sprint iPhones may be difficult to unlock and may not work on T-Mobile's network. Be sure to contact Sprint before purchasing or porting Sprint iPhones.
- You can visit T-Mobile store for activation of iPads purchased at Apple stores or other retail locations..
- Check your iPhone compatibility with T-Mobile by visiting the Apple site to see the supported networks for your device.
- Check to see if your device supports the T-Mobile network frequencies.
- Use the online SIM checker to check which SIM card you need for your non-T-Mobile device. For iPads, see Apple.com for the correct SIM card.
- Set up and configure your device to work on the T-Mobile network. See First use configuration and device activation: iPhone for steps.
- Once a T-Mobile SIM card is placed into your iPhone or iPad, it should automatically install the latest Carrier Update.
- This will configure your device to connect to the T-Mobile network.
- Use the T-Mobile Internet and MMS settings: Apple iPhone page to manually set up your device if you have trouble installing the Carrier update.
Was this helpful?