Learn how to insert and remove the SIM card on an iPhone running Apple iOS 14.
- Find your model below to locate the SIM tray.
- To open the SIM tray, insert a paper clip or a SIM-eject tool into the hole beside the tray. Push in towards the iPhone, but don’t force it.
- After you remove your SIM card from the tray, notice the notch in one corner of the new SIM card. Place the new SIM card into the tray. It will fit only one way, because of the notch.
- Then insert the tray into the device completely and in the same orientation that you removed it. The tray also fits only one way.
iPhone 12 (all variants)
iPhone 11 , XS, XR, X (including Max and Pro)
iPhone SE, 8, 7, 6s, 6, 5s, 5 (including Plus)
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > General > About.
- Scroll down to view the ICCID, EID, or IMEI.
The iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR and later feature Dual SIM with a nano SIM and an eSIM. Learn how to activate and manage your eSIM with eSIM settings: Apple iPhone on iOS 14.
Was this helpful?