Learn how to insert and remove the SIM card on an iPhone running Apple iOS 13. Check the software version in Software versions & updates.
- Take a simple paper clip and make it straight.
- Use the images below to locate the SIM tray.
- Insert the pin into the small hole and push it slightly until the tray pops-out.
- Insert or remove the SIM card from the tray. If inserting, make sure the notched corner aligns. The SIM card only fits in one way.
- Reinsert the SIM tray into the iPhone.
iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max
iPhone X, XS, and XS Max
iPhone 8 and earlier
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > General > About.
- Scroll down to view the ICCID.
- The iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR , iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max feature Dual SIM with a nano SIM and an eSIM.
- Apple iPad Air 2 / mini 3 and newer come with an Apple SIM. Depending on the model, it may be an eSIM.