Learn how to customize text entry and default keyboard settings on Apple iOS 12.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards.
- Tap the desired keyboard to change the software and hardware layouts.
- Tap the 123 button at the bottom left hand side of the keyboard.
- Choose the desired symbol or number.
- Tap ABC to return to letter input.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > General > Keyboard.
- Tap the sliders to enable or disable for the following:
- Check Spelling
- Enable Caps Lock
- Smart Punctuation
- Character Preview
- "." Shortcut
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > Sounds & Haptics.
- Tap the slider to turn Keyboard Clicks on or off.
Was this helpful?