Apple iOS 12 has anti-theft and may affect how you are able to master reset your device. Check the software version in Software versions & updates. To use anti-theft, follow these steps:
- On the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap your Apple ID at the top of the list.
- Tap on your device from the list at the bottom.
- If prompted, enter you Apple ID password.
- Tap Find My iPhone.
- Tap the slider next to Find My iPhone to disable.
- Enter you Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
Was this helpful?