Learn more about trading in your current Apple device! For non-Apple devices and all general trade in information, see Trade in your device.
Apple device trade-in details
To ensure that you get the most value out of your Apple device trade-in, please read the instructions below to answer any questions about the Find My iPhone feature.
- Important: Be sure follow these instructions carefully, as failure to do so correctly will result in disqualifying your device for a trade-in, which will result in a $0.00 credit for your device.
What is the Find My iPhone feature?
With iOS 7, Find My iPhone includes a new feature called Activation Lock that makes it more difficult for anyone else to use or sell your iOS device if you ever lose it. When you enable Find My iPhone on your iOS device running iOS 7, the Apple ID and password you use for iCloud is securely stored on Apple’s activation servers and linked to your device.
Find My iPhone Activation Lock MUST be removed from an iOS device before an exchange or trade-in.
How do I know if the Find my iPhone feature is active on my device?
Follow the steps below to find out if the Find my iPhone feature is disabled.
Any operating system other than iOS7:
Your home screen will look similar to the image below. You will see the Unlock Slider Bar and Clock:
Good news! You do not have to take any additional steps and can answer "Yes" when prompted during your trade-in process.
If your device is using iOS7:
If your Apple device has the iOS7 operating system. Your home screen will look similar to the screenshot below.
In this case, you will need to disable your Find My iPhone feature before your device is eligible for trade-in. To help you do this, we have provided instructions to disable this feature below.
How to disable the Find My iPhone feature and reset your device
To disable the Find My iPhone feature, follow the steps below:
- Swipe the home screen to unlock your device and select Settings.
- Scroll down and select iCloud. If there is a prompt for a username and password, the iCloud is not set up on your device. You do not have to take any additional steps and can answer "Yes" when prompted during your trade-in process.
- If iCloud is set up, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Delete Account. Note: This will only delete the iCloud account from your device; this will not delete your iCloud account from Apple’s servers.
- When the confirmation prompt appears, select Delete.
- If there are any prompts asking to delete iCloud content from the devices, be sure to options to delete the content.
- If the Find My iPhone feature is enabled, the device will prompt for a password. Enter your iCloud account password.
- The device will disable the account; this may take a few seconds.
Now you are ready to erase all content and settings from the device.
- Important: This process may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloaded content, ringtones, images, apps, and contacts. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings
- Confirm selection.
Once you completed the above process you can answer "Yes" when prompted during the trade-in process. This will make your device eligible for trade-in. If you are unable to complete the above steps, answer “No” when prompted and please be aware that your device will be disqualified for trade-in.