Learn how to perform device resets on the Sony Xperia Z using the menu or hardware keys.
A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card.
- Back up data on the internal memory.
- From the home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Back up & reset.
- Tap to clear the Automatic restore check box.
- Under 'PERSONAL DATA,' tap Factory data reset > Reset phone.
- Enter PIN or password if prompted, then tap Continue.
- Tap Erase everything.
A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card. If the device menus are frozen or unresponsive, you can master reset using hardware keys.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Up keys.
- Wait for the device to vibrate three times (about 10 seconds).
- The device will vibrate once, then a few seconds later it will vibrate three times.
- Release the keys.
- Press the Power key to turn the device back on.
Resetting network settings resets all data connections back to the out of the box factory defaults. The following changes will occur by performing a reset of network settings.
- Stored Wi-Fi networks will be deleted.
- Stored tethered connections will be deleted.
- Paired Bluetooth devices will be deleted.
- Background data sync settings will be turned on.
- Data restrictive settings in applications that were manually turned on/off by the customer will be reset to the default setting.
- Network selection mode will be set to automatic.
- Preferred mobile network type will be set to best.
The following device connections status will default to when the device was being powered on for the first time.
- Airplane mode: OFF
- Bluetooth: OFF
- Data roaming: OFF
- Mobile hotspot: OFF
- VPN: OFF
- Mobile data: ON
- Wi-Fi: ON
To perform a network reset, follow these steps.
- Back up all data on the internal memory.
- From the home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Backup & reset.
- Tap Network settings reset > RESET SETTINGS.
- If prompted, confirm your PIN or Password, then tap RESET SETTINGS again.
- Wait for the reset to occur. Once complete, a brief message will flash at the bottom of the screen.
A soft reset is a simulated battery removal. This is used to power a device off when the screen is frozen or unresponsive and the device it has an internal battery that cannot be removed. It does not cause loss of personal data on the device. To perform a soft reset, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Power key for 10-15 seconds.
- Wait as the device restarts.