Learn how to use the task manager and free up memory on the Samsung Galaxy Tab A.
Restart device regularly
You should restart your phone at least once per day.
Reduce memory use
Animated widgets and widgets that update information use the most memory. If your phone is running slow, you can reduce the amount of memory it is using:
- Replace a live wallpaper
- Remove widgets
Manage apps to keep your device running smoothly
- Use Manage apps to update apps, clear app cache and data, recent apps, and uninstall an app.
- Never install a third-party Task Manager or Battery Manager. These apps interfere with how device software works.
- Research and monitor new apps that you install.
- Read app reviews before installing. Not all apps run smoothly on phones. Read customer reviews before downloading an app to see if it has a history of not working properly.
- If your device starts having problems after installing an app, consider uninstalling the app. (See Manage apps.)
A task manager can view running apps and close them.
- From any home screen tap the recent application icon (bottom left corner).
- Scroll and select application you want to close.
- Swipe left or right to close selected application.
- From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down to 'System,' and then tap Storage.
- Under 'Device memory,' view the Available space value.