Learn how to wipe the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge using the hardware keys. If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.
- When the phone powers on, the Android System Recovery screen appears approx. 30 seconds later.
- Release all of the keys.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight "wipe cache partition."
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press thePower key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Was this helpful?