Learn how to use safe mode on the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge using the hardware keys.
Turn on and use safe mode
Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily unistall apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Power key past the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge screen.
- When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
- Uninstall apps that are causing a problem.
Turn off safe mode
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Tap Restart.