Learn how to save battery life on the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G.
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap Settings > Battery and device care > Battery.
- Tap Power saving mode slider to turn on / off then select from the following:
- Turn off Always On Display
- Limit CPU speed to 70%
- Decrease brightness by 10%
- Limit apps and Home screen
- Tap Background usage limits slider to turn on / off then select from the following:
- Put unused apps to sleep
- Sleeping apps
- Deep sleeping apps
- Never sleeping apps
- Tap More battery settings then select from the following:
- Adaptive battery
- Enhanced processing
- Show battery percentage
- Show charging information
- Fast charging
- Super fast charging
- Fast wireless charging
- Change application sync settings
- Lower screen brightness and timeout duration
- Turn on Airplane Mode if traveling to an area without mobile signal or Wi-Fi
- Turn off background data
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and Smartphone Mobile Hotspot
- Uninstall unused apps
- Update to the latest software
Set device to sleep when unused
Press and then quickly release the Power key to set the screen to sleep mode.