Learn how to use safe mode on the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G using the hardware keys.
Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily uninstall apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Bixby / Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
- When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Bixby / Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
- While in Safe mode, you can now uninstall apps that are causing a problem.
- Press and hold the Bixby / Power and Volume down key.
- Tap Restart > Restart.
- The device will restart in standard mode and you can resume normal use.
Was this helpful?