The Samsung Galaxy Note10+ has anti-theft and may affect how you are able to master reset the device.
- If a Google ID has already been set up (ex. Email, Play store, Chrome, etc.) and a Pattern, Pin, Password, Fingerprint or Iris lock has been enabled, anti-theft has been activated automatically.
- If a Google ID has not been set up, see Email accounts.
- After signing into a Google ID, a Pattern, Pin, Password, Facial recognition, Fingerprint or Iris lock will need to be set up to turn on Anti-theft.
To turn off the device anti-theft, you will have to sign out of your Google ID on the device and elect to not sign in with a Google ID into any Google services. Once you sign in with a Google ID to any service and set up a pattern, PIN, password, fingerprint or iris lock, you are automatically turning on anti-theft.
To sign out of your Google ID, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap Settings > Accounts and backup > Accounts > Google.
- Tap your Google ID email address if multiple accounts are setup. Repeat for each account.
- Tap Remove account > REMOVE ACCOUNT.
Was this helpful?