The Samsung Galaxy Avant is a sleek phone packed with great features, to help you stay connected to those who matter most.
On this page:
The Samsung Galaxy Avant comes with everything you need to get started with enjoying your new device. Check out what's included.
- Samsung Galaxy Avant
- USB charger
There's a lot you can do with with your new device, so here's a quick glance of some basic items to get you started.
No matter what you want to do with your new device, we have plenty of resources available to help you get on your way.
- Device tutorials (also known as simulators)
- Start guide (PDF attachment)
- User guide (PDF attachment)
When you first turn on your new device, you might see a setup wizard to help get you started. Take a look at the steps below to walk through the setup process.
- Make sure the battery and SIM card are inserted.
- If necessary, tap English and then select your desired language.
- Tap Accessibility to adjust any necessary accessibility settings.
- Tap Start.
- If desired, tap the Wi-Fi switch to turn on, then tap an available network to connect.
- Tap Next.
- Review and make selections on the EULA & Diagnostic Data screen and then tap Next.
- Tap Yes to log in to your Gmail account. Tap No if you do not have a Gmail account.
- Follow the additional prompts to set up your Google account.
- Update the This phone belongs to.. screen as desired, then tap the right arrow.
- The Samsung account screen appears. Follow the prompts to sign in, create a new account, or tap Skip.
- If you signed into your Samsung account, update these check boxes as necessary and then tap Next.
- Auto back up
- The Dropbox screen appears. Follow the prompts to sign in and create a new account, or tap Skip.
- Tap Finish.
- The System Manager screen appears. Tap More info to learn about Collect diagnostics. When finished, tap Close.
- Your device opens to the second home screen (the home icon is selected).
- Sign into you Google account on the old phone select the options to back up.
- You can install Google Photos on both devices for easy photo transfer.
- Move the SIM card from your old phone to the new one if they are the same size. If they are not the same size, use the SIM card that came with the new phone.
- Follow the setup wizard and sign into the same Google account you used for previous phone when prompted