Learn how to use safe mode on the Motorola Moto X through the hardware keys.
Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily remove all apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.
To turn on safe mode and use it to fix app problems, follow these steps:
- With the phone on, press the Power key.
- Touch and hold Power off.
- Tap Ok when Reboot to safe mode appears on the screen.
- Safe mode will appear in the bottom left corner.
To turn off safe mode, follow these steps:
- Power cycle the phone once you are ready to exit Safe mode.