Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the moto e6.
- Set text and multimedia message limits to delete messages automatically. The default is 200 text and 20 picture messages. You can use this setting to start with and then decrease it as necessary.
- Change Gmail synchronization setting to every three days:
- From the Home screen swipe up, tap Gmail.
- Tap the Menu icon at the top left.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap your email address.
- Tap Days of mail to sync.
- Swipe down until 3 is selected.
- Tap OK.
- Clear storage at least once per week.
- Check the available internal device storage. It must be over 150 MB.
- The Android system cannot work properly if the internal device storage is below 150 MB. If under 150 MB, use the following tips to clear more storage:
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS).
- Transfer pictures and media to a computer to remove them from the phone memory.
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history.
- Clear Facebook app cache.
- Manage applications. See section below.
- Delete the call logs.
Monitor new applications that you install. If your device starts having problems after installing an application, consider uninstalling the application. Consider uninstalling apps using large amounts of ROM.
- From the Home screen swipe up, tap Settings > Apps & notifications > See all XX apps.
- Tap the filter to select the following:
- All apps
- Installed apps
- Disabled apps
- Tap the desired application to uninstall. Uninstalling an app will delete the app.
- Tap Uninstall, then tap OK.
- From the Home screen swipe up, tap Settings > Storage.
- View the values under 'Storage' and 'SD Card'.
Was this helpful?