Learn how to use the task manager and free up memory on the LG K40.
Restart device regularly
You should restart your phone at least once per day.
- Press and hold the Power/Lock key.
- Tap Power off and Restart > RESTART.
Reduce memory use
Animated widgets and widgets that update information use the most memory. If your phone is running slow, you can disable/remove them:
- Remove widgets
- From the desired home screen, touch and hold on the widget.
- Drag the widget over the Trash can icon and release your finger.
- Remove unused home screens
- From any home screen, long-tap the home screen.
- Touch and hold apps and widgets then drag them to another home screen.
- Once you remove all apps and widgets from a screen, it will automatically delete.
Manage apps to keep your device running smoothly.
- Use Manage apps to update apps, clear app cache and data, recent apps, and uninstall an app.
- Never install a third-party Task Manager or Battery Manager. These apps interfere with how device software works.
- Research and monitor new apps that you install.
- Read app reviews before installing. Not all apps run smoothly on phones. Read customer reviews before downloading an app to see if it has a history of not working properly.
- If your device starts having problems after installing an app, consider uninstalling the app. (See Manage apps)
- Keep applications updated
- From you apps list, tap Play Store.
- Tap the Menu icon with three lines, then tap Settings > Auto-update apps.
- Choose to update Over Wi-Fi only
- Uninstall third-party applications
- Clear application cache and data
- Clear recent applications
- From any screen, press the recent apps icon.
- To close an individual recent application, touch the X on the open app.
- To close all recent applications, tap the Clear all icon at bottom-right.
A task manager can view running apps and close them.
- From you apps list, tap Settings > General > Apps & notifications.
- Tap App info and choose the desired app.
- Tap Force Stop, then tap OK.
- Tap Settings > General > Storage.
- View the values under 'Internal storage' and 'SD Card.'
Was this helpful?