Check out the details below to get started using your new device.
On this page:
The LG K40 comes with everything you need to get started on your way to enjoying your new device.
- LG K40
- USB-C data cable
- Wall charger
There's a lot you can do with your new device, so here's a quick glance of some basic items:
No matter what you want to do with your new device, we have plenty of resources available to help you get on your way.
When you first turn on your new device, you may see a setup wizard to help get started. Take a look at the steps below to walk through the setup process if needed.
- Make sure you insert the SIM card, then use the Power/Lock key to turn the device on.
- Choose your language and accessibility options, then tap the arrow.
- Tap your Wi-Fi network to enter the password and connect.
- If any updates are available, choose to install them now.
- If you want to copy apps & data from a previous device, tap NEXT and follow the on-screen prompts. Otherwise, tap DON'T COPY.
- Sign in with your Google account. If you don't have one, tap Create account and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Review the Google Terms of Service and tap I agree.
- Select which Google Services you want to take advantage of. Be sure to scroll to the bottom, then tap Accept.
- Choose to set up a pattern, PIN, password, or fingerprint and follow the on-screen prompt. Otherwise, select No, thanks and tap NEXT.
- Tap Turn on to enable the full Google Assistant experience. Otherwise, tap No Thanks.
- Review some of the options available with Google Assistant, then tap Continue.
- Review and agree to the agreements and legal documents, then tap NEXT.
- Review the Device Data Collection notice and check I Agree if you agree, then tap NEXT or CLOSE.
- Review the Issue Assist information and tap Accept or Decline.
- Review the Personalized Offers information and tap Accept or Decline.
- Choose your desired Home screen, then tap Done.
Take a look at the Switch to a new device doc for steps on how to transfer data from your old device to your new device.
Was this helpful?