The new LG G8 ThinQ, the 18th addition to the 600 MHz device lineup, brings an amazing 5 camera experience that both professional and novices will enjoy!. Check out the details below to help customers get started using their new devices or visit the LG G8 ThinQ page for more information.
The LG G8 ThinQ comes with everything customers need to get them started on their way to enjoying their new devices.
- Travel adapter
- USB Cable
- Quick start guide
There's a lot customers can do with their new devices, so here's a quick glance of some basic items:
- Status bar: View status icons and battery
- Weather widget
- Home touch buttons
- Google search widget
- Page icon: Display number of home screens
- Quick access area: Set apps to this area
When customers first turn on their new devices, they may see a setup wizard to help get started. Take a look at the steps below to help walk customers through the setup process if needed.
- Make sure the battery and SIM card are inserted. This device has a non-removable battery.
- Tap English (United States) to change the device language.
- Tap Accessibility to adjust accessibility settings.
- Tap the Next arrow.
- If desired, select the Mobile network box to on the data network.
- If desired, select the Wi-Fi check box to turn on Wi-Fi and select a network.
- Tap the Next arrow.
- Select one of the following:
- Copy your data
- Set up as new
- The device will check for any updates.
- If desired, follow steps to sign into or create a new Google account.
- Choose an option on the Add your fingerprint screen. Tap NEXT. If desired, follow prompts to set up the second method to unlock the phone.
- Select to enable or disable Google services, then tap NEXT.
- Follow prompts to set up Google Assistant by selecting NEXT or tap SKIP if not interested.
- If choosing to set up Google Assistant, review the Location History details, and then tap either NEXT or SKIP.
- Select the options to agree to the Legal documents then tap DONE.
- Read the System Manager (Carrier IQ) information and then tap Accept or Decline.
- Select a Home screen layout and then tap Done.
- If prompted, review the Recommended apps and then tap DOWNLOAD or LATER.
- Follow any additional prompts.
Take a look at the Switch to a new device doc for steps on how to help customers transfer their data from their old devices to their new devices.
If you like this doc, we're thinking our customers will too. So go ahead and use the homework option to send the external Support version of this doc to customers via text or email.
Was this helpful?