Learn how to wipe the LG G6. If the device is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition.
Wipe cache partition
Android version 8.0.0
- From any home screen, swipe left to locate and tap Settings.
- Select the General tab or scroll to and tap Extensions > Smart cleaning > Optimized.
- Wait for the cached data to clear; depending on size it will take several seconds to complete.
- When the wipe is complete, the storage screen refreshes and Optimized will not be available. This means your our cached data has been successfully cleared.
Android version 7.1.2
- From the home screen, tap Apps > Settings.
- If using Tab view, select the General tab.
- Tap Storage > Internal storage.
- Wait for the menu options to finish calculating.
- Tap Cached data > CLEAR.
- Wait for the cached data to clear; depending on size, it will take several seconds to complete.
- When complete, the storage screen refreshes and Cached data shows as 0 B. This means your cached data has been successfully cleared.