Learn how to wipe the Alcatel ONETOUCH Fierce XL (Android) using the hardware keys. If the phone is not working correctly, it may need a master reset plus a wipe of the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete personal data.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume up and Power keys at the same.
- When the Alcatel startup screen appears, release the Power key.
- When the Android system recovery screen appears, release the Volume up key.
- Use the Volume down key to navigate to 'Wipe cache partition'.
- Press the Power key to select.
- When the cache wipe is complete, 'Reboot system now' is selected.
- Press the Power key to reboot the phone.