PlusUp provides extra benefits on top of what you're already getting when you have Magenta®
PlusUp gives you up to 20GB of 4G LTE mobile hotspot data and you can activate unlimited HD streaming. You’ll also get 2x data speeds in 210+ countries and destinations, Voicemail to Text, and Name ID. All these benefits are available on any new or existing Magenta® line for just $15 more per month, or $10 when you add it to every talk & text line on your family plan by switching to a Magenta Plus plan.
To add PlusUp to your account, visit My T-Mobile or the T-Mobile app.
On this page:
You can amp up the standard Magenta experience on your device by adding PlusUp for an additional cost. Here's what you get in addition to everything Magenta offers for your Phone:
- Unlimited HD streaming in the US
- 20GB of 4G LTE mobile hotspot data with unlimited 3G data
- 2x the data speed abroad - In 210+ countries and destinations (approx. 256 kbps)
- Unlimited in-flight Wi-Fi - on Gogo®-enabled flights to, from, or within the U.S.
- Voicemail to Text - Read voicemails on the go
- Name ID - Identify calls from unknown numbers
- Only lines that include PlusUp will experience the benefits.
- When you add PlusUp to every talk & text line on your account, we'll discount PlusUp by $5 on each line (plan change to Magenta Plus required).
- Individual services – such as Voicemail to Text, Name ID, and Gogo in-flight – cannot be deactivated or removed from this feature.
- HD video streaming requires activation via the My T-Mobile site or T-Mobile app. Get details here.
To get PlusUp, you need to be on a Magenta®, Magenta® Military, Magenta® Unlimited 55, or Magenta® Plus plan and then you can Change your services.
- Not yet on a Magenta® plan? Learn how to Change your plan.
- Already on Magenta® and looking to upgrade to Magenta® Plus? Give us a call at 1-800-TMOBILE or learn how to Change your plan.
- New to T-Mobile? You can sign up online at T-Mobile.com, by visiting a retail store, or by calling 1-800-TMOBILE.
If you have a PlusUp add-on on your account, you can turn on HD video by following these steps. If there are multiple lines on an account that you want to add it to, you'll need to do this for each line.
To activate from the T-Mobile app
- Open the T-Mobile app. If you don't have it, download it now.
- Tap MORE.
- Tap PROFILE SETTINGS.
- Tap Media Settings.
- If you have multiple lines on your account, make sure the line you're making changes to is showing. (If it's not, tap the down arrow to open the drop-down to select another line on the account).
- Next to HD Video Resolution, you can toggle it ON or OFF.
To activate from My T-Mobile
- Log in to My T-Mobile with your T-Mobile ID. (Learn about how to register for a T-Mobile ID.)
- Click PROFILE (located in the upper right).
- On the Profile page, click on Media Settings (located along the left), which opens the MEDIA SETTINGS along the right.
- You can toggle the HD Video Resolution ON or OFF.
Things to know about HD video
- Activating HD video resolution only provides the ability to view higher resolution video streams by turning off video optimization. It doesn't change the actual, available resolution of streaming video. The video resolution isn't determined by T-Mobile, but rather it's determined by the video content provider (like YouTube or Netflix).
- Once you turn it on, HD video streaming availability should take effect immediately, but it may require closing and re-opening the app or browser window, or restarting your device.
- All on-network data used, including free streaming data, counts toward the heavy-user threshold of 50GB in a billing cycle, after which a T-Mobile-branded customer will no longer receive highest priority on the network. When an HD video is active, streaming high-definition video will use data much faster than optimized video, and brings up to the possibility of de-prioritization if you use enough data to reach that limit in a given month. (Learn more about T-Mobile's Open Internet disclosures.)
PlusUp General Terms: Postpaid only. Qualifying service required. Capable device required for some features. Activation required to deliver video streams at speeds that provide HD video capability (max 1080p); some content providers may not stream their services in HD. May affect speed of video downloads; does not apply to video uploads. Int’l Service: Standard speeds approx. 256 Kbps. Not for extended international use; you must reside in the U.S. and primary usage must occur on our U.S. network. Device must register on our U.S. network before international use. Service may be terminated or restricted for excessive roaming. Coverage not available in some areas; we are not responsible for our partners’ networks. Tethering: 20GB high-speed data then unlimited on our network at max 3G speeds. Name ID: Capable device req’d. Enabling blocking may inadvertently block desired calls. Disable any time.Info for some unknown numbers not available. Gogo: on U.S.-based airlines; Wi-Fi Calling functionality, valid e911 address, & 1 prior Wi-Fi call w/ current SIM card req’d for messaging. Pricing requires PlusUp for all lines on 2+ line account.