Device Diagnostics are information the T-Mobile app collects from your Android device to help identify problems so it can run more smoothly. Learn what is collected and why.
On this page:
The Diagnostic Metrics may collect the following from your Android device:
- Location information
- Device signal strength
- System crashes
- Dropped calls records
- Battery performance
- Application and network usage data
Your privacy is very important to us. T-Mobile metrics cannot collect private or personal information, such as:
- No content of text messages
- No content of email or voice messages
- No content from customers’ Internet activity
- No content of online searches
Diagnostic transmissions are free of charge and do not count toward your T-Mobile data usage.
As part of our commitment to delivering the best network quality and device experience possible, diagnostic metrics are used for troubleshooting and optimization purposes, such as:
- Identifying apps that are using too much memory or processing power, which could drain your battery.
- Recognizing when your device has been using a weak network signal.
- Returning your device to peak performance.
You can turn metrics collection on or off from the T-Mobile app.
- Open the T-Mobile app on your Android device. If you don't have it, you can download the T-Mobile app. Note: Apple doesn't use the T-Mobile app for diagnostics.
- Select More > App settings > Diagnostics.
- Select the Agree box to check or uncheck, then select Next.
- Choose Accept or Decline for Issue Assist.
- Choose Accept or Decline for Personalized offers.
Was this helpful?