Data passes let you temporarily add high-speed data by the day or week, whenever you need it to supplement your free data or to top-up a recurring data plan. Pricing varies based on the pass you want to add.
On this page:
About data passes
Sometimes you want to add some extra data to your existing plan, and that's where data passes come in. We've got various pass types, such as international and HD video that can help you out for a number of reasons, such as:
- You're roaming internationally and you want a higher data speed.
- You want the ability to stream HD video for 24 hours on the ONE Plan or Magenta line by turning off video optimization
- You're experiencing reduced data speeds after reaching your data allotment.
Follow the steps on this page to Add data pass to see which passes are available for your plan (pass types may vary by plan). Additional passes can be purchased as needed once a purchased pass expires.
Add data pass
- Access the T-Mobile app on your device.
- Select ACCOUNT, then select ADD-ONS next to the Primary Account Holder's line.
- Choose Manage Data & Add-ons.
- Select the check box next to the pass you want to add.
- Select Continue, then select Change Date to chose a start date for your pass. If you don't select a date, it will start immediately.
- Select Agree & Submit.
- Log in to your T-Mobile account to add a data pass.
- Expand + the line you wish to add the data pass to.
- Select Manage Data & Add-Ons under that line.
- Select the desired data pass from list and select Continue.
- Choose a date for the data pass to start. If you don't select a date, it will start immediately.
- Select Agree & Submit.
To purchase a pass on your prepaid plan, call T-Mobile customer service 1-877-746-0909 for assistance.
- You can get a 1-day pass or a 1-week (7-day) pass.
- Automated account help and customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- For the hearing impaired, TTY service is available by calling 1-877-296-1018, 7 days a week, from 3 a.m.-10 p.m. PT.
- Prepaid Mobile Internet (MI) plans provide data service on devices such as laptop sticks, tablets, and mobile hotspots.
- To add prepaid Mobile Internet, log in to your T-Mobile.com account.
To purchase a pass on your Home Internet Lite plan, contact us at 1-800-866-2453 for assistance.
- If you have a 300 GB Home Internet Lite plan, you can purchase a 10 GB Internet Lite Data Pass ($10 per line) or 25 GB Internet Lite Data Pass ($20 per line)
- You will receive a message to your gateway and an email (if you have an email address on file) at 80%, 95%, and 100% consumption of the Lite Data Pass.
- If you need to add a Lite Data Pass to supplement your data each month, you may benefit from a higher data plan. Use the Internet Data Estimator to get a recommendation for the best Internet Lite plan for you.
- Check out Home Internet Lite for more information about how to check your data and manage your plan.
Was this helpful?