T-Mobile is providing more options for connectivity to airport Wi-Fi, starting with Boingo hotspots at the LAX airport in Los Angeles, CA. And the best part is that it's free for T-Mobile customers.
On this page:
- You can connect at Boingo hotspots in two common ways:
- Under the network name Boingo Hotspot in your device’s Wi-Fi settings
- Open your devices browser when connected to Boingo and a page will launch to prompt sign-in.
Select T-Mobile devices can access the Premium Wi-Fi network at LAX. Here's the device requirements:
- Passpoint capable: Most devices support Passpoint. Check out the steps to enable/disable - if the option is available, Passpoint is supported!
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/c (5 GHz) capable: Not sure? You can check on the Tech Specs page under the Connectivity section after you find your device.
- Make sure that the device has iOS 10 or higher and carrier settings 28.3 or higher
- Turn on Wi-Fi: If Wi-Fi is on, then so is Passpoint (it's built into W-Fi). To disable passpoint, turn off Wi-Fi.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your device.
- Go to the device Wi-Fi menu
- Go to the Advanced or More section, this may vary by device.
- Select the Passpoint or Hotspot 2.0 check box to turn on. To turn off, clear the check box.
- Wi-Fi connection issues: If you have any problems with Wi-Fi connectivity at the airport, try to troubleshoot with Wi-Fi network troubleshooting.
- Device steps: Not sure how to check software version or turn on Wi-Fi on your device? Check your device steps for instructions.
- T-Mobile fully encrypts all voice, text, and picture message traffic over a VPN connection, giving the same security as using the T-Mobile network.
- Like other public Wi-Fi hotspots, it is possible for bad actors to observe and capture data used in browsing or app use sessions.
- We recommend using only fully encrypted sites that include HTTPS in the url.
- Refrain from transmitting sensitive data while connecting to data through public Wi-Fi hotspots.
- For more information refer to our Privacy & Security Resources.
- Using Passpoint, Boingo Wi-Fi Hotspots at the LAX airport are free for all T-Mobile customers with eligible devices. It does not count against high-speed data buckets or kick-back credits.
- Devices capable of Wi-Fi Calling 2.0 can move calls between 4G LTE and Wi-Fi without dropping.
- Your device may automatically connect to Wi-Fi, when enabled, to enhance the network experience at the airport.
Support for Passpoint
- Passpoint is an industry-wide solution that streamlines access to Wi-Fi networks, while delivering peace of mind by using WPA2 security.
- Passpoint automates that entire process, enabling a seamless connection between Boingo’s Passpoint enabled Wi-Fi network and select T-Mobile devices.
Was this helpful?