Setting up a new Google Nest router
Note: If your Nest Wifi device is powered off or disconnected from the internet for 6 months, Google will automatically delete the app data and cloud data, and the device will factory reset itself the next time it connects to the internet. To continue to use your device, you will need to set it up again.
To set up a mesh network, you'll need...
- A Nest Wifi router (place at eye level, like on a shelf or TV stand)
- Any additional
Wi-Fidevices you'd like to add to expand coverage (Nest Wifi points, Google Wifi points, or Nest Wifi routers). Additional devices are optional.
- A Google Account
- An Android phone/tablet (with Android 8.0 or later) or iPhone/iPad (iOS 14.0 or later)
- The latest version of the Google Home app, available on Android or iOS
- Internet service (Note: Some ISPs use VLAN tagging. You might need additional equipment for setup to work. Learn how to set up your network with an ISP that uses VLAN tagging)
- iOS only: If you have VPN enabled, temporarily disable VPN through your phone settings
Get additional help with your Google Nest Wifi router and mesh network on Google Support: