Learn how to customize text entry and default keyboard settings on the Nokia Lumia 435.
- From the alphabet keyboard, tap the &123 key.
- Tap the desired symbol(s) or number(s).
- To see additional symbols, tap the Arrow key.
- To access emoticons, tap the smiley face key.
- Tap abcd to switch back to the alphabet keyboard.
- From the Start screen, touch the screen and slide left.
- Scroll down to and tap Settings > keyboard.
- If desired, tap add keyboards to add an additional keyboard language.
- For the desired keyboard, tap Tap to change.
- Select or clear the check boxes for the following settings:
- Suggest text
- Highlight misspelled words
- Correct misspelled words
- Suggest emoticons
- Insert a space after I select a suggestion
- Insert a period after I double-tap the Spacebar
- Capitalize the first letter of a sentence
- Type as I swipe through letters
Was this helpful?