The T-Mobile Home Internet app lets you access the T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi Gateway and adjust some of the settings. For additional settings, see Web User Interface: T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi Gateway.
- Allows you to access and change the T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi Gateway settings right from your phone or tablet
- Must be connected to the T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi Gateway through Wi-Fi to access
- Requires Android 6.0 or later / iOS 10.1 or later
- You can only use the app on one device at a time
- Set up your T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi gateway and connect to it over Wi-Fi. See Getting started: T-Mobile LTE WiFi Gateway.
- Open the T-Mobile Home Internet app and tap Manage my service. If you don't have T-Mobile Home Internet, tap Visit the website to learn more about it.
- If you haven't connected to the T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi gateway, follow the on-screen steps to do so now.
- If it's your first time using the app, tap Let's get started to set up the following information:
- 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network name
- 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network password (must be 12 characters)
- 5 GHz Wi-Fi network name
- 5 GHz Wi-Fi network password (must be 12 characters)
- Home Internet device password (Administration password)
- If you've already completed the initial setup, there are a few other options you may be presented with:
- If you change the Wi-Fi network name or passwords, you'll need to reconnect to the LTE Wi-Fi Gateway.
- If you've logged out of the app, just enter you Home Internet device password and click Log in.
- If you started using the Web User Interface, you'll be prompted to complete initial setup in the app unless you changed your administration password.
The Home screen provides information on your connection and usage.
- The top bar shows the connection status between the device you're using the app on, the T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi Gateway, and the Internet.
- You'll also see your signal strength and how much data you've used this month.
The Devices screen shows what devices are connected to the T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi Gateway
- You'll see a list of all devices connected to the T-Mobile LTE Wi-Fi Gateway.
- The circle to the left indicates if the device is currently Connected, Disabled, or on a Schedule.
- Tap a device to view or adjust the following settings:
- Tap the Connected / Disabled switch to manually turn a device on or off.
- Tap Manage Schedule and schedule blocks of time to disable a device.
- Tap the + icon to add a new disabled time period.
- Tap Schedule Options if you want to clear the schedule or just temporarily disable it by tapping STOP FOLLOWING SCHEDULE / FOLLOW SCHEDULE.
- Once a device is on a schedule, it can't be blocked.
- Device Information shows the connection type (Wi-Fi or Ethernet), IP address, and MAC address.
The Network screen lets you change your Wi-Fi network name and password.
- Tap Manage Wi-Fi network next to the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz network. You change the settings for each network separately.
- Enter a new Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) or Password, then tap Save.
- If you change the Wi-Fi Network Name or Password of the Wi-Fi you're currently connected to, you'll need to reconnect to Wi-Fi.
- To see the Wi-Fi password you currently have entered, tap the icon that looks like an eye with a line through it.
The Support screen provides answers to common questions about T-Mobile Home Internet and has the direct number for our T-Mobile Home Internet specialists in case you need additional help.
The More screen provides a few additional settings you can manage:
- LTE Wi-Fi Gateway information
- Firmware version
- Change your home internet device password
- Use this to change the administrator password used to log into the device settings.
- Enter the current and new passwords, re-type the new password, then tap Save.
- Logs you out of the app.
- The next time you log into the app, you'll need to enter the Home Internet device password.