Check out the details below to get started using your Arcadyan KVD21 gateway.
On this page:
Check out Getting Started with T-Mobile Home Internet for steps to get you started.
What's in the box
The Arcadyan KVD21 comes with everything you need to get started on your way to enjoying your new device.
- Power Adapter
- Quick Start Guide
- T-Mobile Terms and Conditions
- Safety and Regulatory Notice
There's a lot you can do with your new device, so here's a quick glance at some basic items:
Buttons and ports
Label with default Wi-Fi network name and password
The default Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password can be found on the Arcadyan KVD21.
100V - 240V
12V / 1.2A
|Dimensions (W x H)||4.73 x 7.52 in (120mm x 191mm)|
|Operating temperature range||0° – 40° C (0° F – 104° F)|
If you get a replacement, you'll need to move the SIM from your old gateway to your new one.
Access the SIM card from the backside of the gateway.
- Power off the gateway by removing the power cable from the gateway and from the electrical outlet.
- Remove any Ethernet cables connected to the gateway's LAN ports (LAN1 and LAN2).
- Use the finger pull to open the SIM door.
- The SIM card socket supports push-in and push-out installation.
- With the SIM door open, press the pre-installed SIM card into the slot and the SIM card pops out.
- Carefully remove the pre-installed SIM card.
- Insert and press the new SIM card into the slot.
- Be sure the SIM card clicks into place to ensure that it is properly installed.
- Close the cover of the SIM card slot and ensure the cover is securely closed on the SIM door.
The gateway's LCD is located on the front of the device. The LCD serves as a dashboard where you can quickly obtain information of the following types:
- Language Settings
Press left or right arrow ( < or > ) on the LCD panel with your finger to move between screens. The position of the illuminated dot on the bottom of the screen indicates where you are in the screen sequence.
- The gateway displays up to five bars, indicating signal strength.
- The number of bars shown represents the strength of the gateway's current connection to the cellular network.
- An 'X' indicates the gateway is not connected to the cellular network.
- The number displayed indicates the number of devices currently connected to the gateway (including wireless and wired devices).
- Use the T-Mobile Home Internet app to see and manage each connected device.
The gateway supports both English and Spanish on the LCD screen. To adjust this setting:
- From the Languages screen, select Change.
- Select English or Espanol.
- Press O (OK) button to set the language.
The Messages screen allows you to view the message contents by pressing < and > to scroll between messages.
To delete a message:
- Press O (OK) on the panel to select VIEW MESSAGES and view unread messages.
- Select NEXT and read next message.
- Select DONE when you have read all messages.
- Select DELETE to delete a message.
- When prompted with a message asking you to confirm deletion, select YES to confirm.
Notifications can appear at any time during gateway operation. Some are in response to an action you have taken, and others are related to network connection.
Power & reset
Connect the gateway’s USB Type-C power cable to its Power port, then plug the other end of the power cable into a grounded electrical outlet
The USB Type-C power cable must be capable of supporting 100–240V (volts) AC adapter, 50–60Hz frequency and 3A of current at DC 15V.
You can reset the gateway using a paperclip and the Reset port, which is located on the device's backside.
- Press and hold a paperclip in the Reset port for 5 seconds.
- Withdraw the paperclip. The LCD shows:
- Factory reset in progress
- T-Mobile animated logo
- Power up animation
- On the LCD, press OK on the LCD panel and you will see the Connection screen.
- If necessary, follow the steps in Getting Started with T-Mobile Home Internet to set up the device again.
Was this helpful?