Learn how to connect to Bluetooth on Apple watchOS 8.
To pair your Watch with an iPhone, see Getting started: Apple Watch on watchOS 8. To pair a Bluetooth accessory with your Watch, follow these steps:
- Put your Bluetooth accessory in pairing mode using the instructions that came with it.
- On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > Bluetooth. Your Apple Watch will search for nearby Bluetooth accessories.
- Choose your Bluetooth accessory.
- If asked, enter a passkey or PIN.
Unpair from Bluetooth accessory
- Tap Settings > Bluetooth on your Apple Watch.
- Tap i next to your accessory.
- Tap Forget Device.
Unpair from iPhone
You cannot turn Bluetooth on or off, but you can unpair your Watch from your iPhone.
- Unpairing will erase all data from your Watch.
- When you unpair your device, your iPhone automatically creates a backup of your Watch.
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together as you unpair them.
- If your Apple Watch is unpaired while out of range of your iPhone, the backup won’t be created.
To unpair your Apple device, follow these steps:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap the My Watch tab, then tap your watch name at the top of the screen.
- Tap i, then tap Unpair Apple Watch > Unpair [Apple ID]'s Apple Watch.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password.
- If your Watch has a rate plan connected to an eSIM, choose to keep or remove the plan and eSIM information.
- Tap Keep Plan if you want to keep using your Watch with the same line.
- Tap Remove Plan if you want to use your Watch with a different line, account, or carrier.
- Tap Unpair.
- Your Watch information is backed up to your iPhone, then the Watch is erased.
Was this helpful?