Learn how to PUK unlock on Apple iOS 12. If you enter a PIN code incorrectly several times in a row, the device blocks you from attempting again and may also permanently damage your SIM card. Check the software version in Software versions & updates.
Confirm customers are receiving one of the following or similar error messages on their devices.
- "PIN code blocked. Enter PUK code."
- "Enter PUK code"
- "SIM card locked. Emergency calls only. Please contact Customer Care."
- Contact Customer Care to request your PUK code.
- Tap Unlock on the PUK prompt. If you don't see the prompt, tap Phone > Keypad.
- Enter the PUK code, then tap OK.
- Enter a new PIN code, then tap OK.
- Re-enter the new PIN code, then tap OK.
- Wait for the device to finish unlocking.
Was this helpful?