Learn how to set up and use Wi-Fi calling and connection preference on the Sony Xperia Z1s.
To use Wi-Fi calling, you must first register an E911 address and turn on Wi-Fi to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- Register your E911 address at My T-Mobile.
- Click the link to go right to your Line Settings page.
- If you’re already logged in, click your name, then click Profile > Line Settings.
- Turn on Wi-Fi.
- From any Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Wi-Fi switch to turn on Wi-Fi. Switch moves right and fills with color.
- Select the network you want to add.
- If security is enabled, enter the password.
- Tap Connect.
- From any Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > More > Wi-Fi Calling.
- Under WI-FI CALLING PREFERENCES, select one of the following:
- Wi-Fi preferred: All calls are made over an available Wi-Fi network. If there are no available Wi-Fi networks, then calls are made over the cellular network.
- Wi-Fi only: All calls are made over a Wi-Fi network. If there are no available Wi-Fi networks, phone calls will not connect.
- Cellular preferred: All calls are made over the cellular network. If the cellular network is not available, then calls are made over an available Wi-Fi network.
Was this helpful?