Learn how to use the task manager and free up memory on the LG G6.
Restart device regularly
You should restart your phone at least once per day.
Reduce memory use
Animated widgets and widgets that update information use the most memory. If your phone is running slow, you can reduce the amount of memory it is using:
- Replace a live wallpaper
- Remove widgets
Manage apps to keep your device running smoothly.
- Use Manage apps to update apps, clear app cache and data, recent apps, and uninstall an app.
- Never install a third-party Task Manager or Battery Manager. These apps interfere with how device software works.
- Research and monitor new apps that you install.
- Read app reviews before installing. Not all apps run smoothly on phones. Read customer reviews before downloading an app to see if it has a history of not working properly.
- If your device starts having problems after installing an app, consider uninstalling the app.
A task manager can view running apps and close them.
- Tap the Recent apps button.
- Scroll through the list of running apps.
- To close an app, tap the X in the upper-right corner of its thumbnail.
- Tap Clear all to close all running apps.
Android version 8.0.0
- From any home screen, swipe left to locate and tap Settings.
- Select the General tab or scroll to and tap System > Memory.
- Tap the drop-down and select desired interval:
- 3 hours
- 6 hours
- 12 hours
- 1 day
- View the Free value.
Android version 7.1.2
- From any home screen, tap Apps > Settings.
- If using Tab view, select the General tab.
- Tap Memory, then view the Free value.