As part of our unlimited upgrade, we want to say thank you for being a loyal T-Mobile or Sprint customer by upgrading your limited data plan to unlimited at no additional cost to you! Beginning April 18, 2021 most customers will automatically get unlimited high-speed smartphone data at no additional cost on all current lines.
Unlimited data upgrade is available for no charge. No action is necessary to receive this benefit – changes will occur automatically and won't expire if you maintain your existing plan.
- All T-Mobile and Sprint customers on voice plans with limited data buckets are eligible (excludes Mobile Internet lines, such as Wearables, tablets, and IoT).
- All Primary Account Holders (PAH) with eligible lines will be sent a text message, starting April 27, notifying you that you now have unlimited data.
- Existing postpaid voice lines on the account will receive unlimited smartphone data, regardless of receiving the text message.
- Most lines will automatically be updated by April 18, 2021.
- This benefit is available to all customers who are on limited plans as of April 7, 2021. Adding unlimited lines in the future will cost the current price point.
- Online accounts and bill statements will not reflect the unlimited data change at this time, but we are working to get everything updated in the upcoming months.
- Continue to use your previous limited high-speed data allotment in Canada and Mexico, up to the usual maximum of 5GB.
- Customers already on unlimited plans will have no changes to their accounts.
- If you choose to migrate to a new limited data bucket plan, you will lose the free gift of unlimited data.
You will continue to receive high-speed Mobile Hotspot data at your previous limited high-speed data allotment.
Example: If your line has 6GB of high-speed data, you'll receive 6GB of high-speed tethering data after the upgrade, followed by unlimited tethering data at up to 2G speeds.
Want to check what your current plan has? Log in to your T-Mobile account to review and manage your plan and services.
During congestion, heavy data users (>50GB/mo. for most plans) and customers with lower-prioritized plans may notice lower speeds than other customers; check your plan for details. Video typically streams on smartphone at DVD quality (480p). Unlimited while on our network. If you change your plan, that may affect data rules.
Was this helpful?