T-Mobile is hard at work to build the best possible network for our customers. We frequently make updates to our network to give the best possible wireless experience. In preparation for a network update happening on January 29, 2021, we identified some older devices will be unable to receive the enhancement and as a result will be unable to connect to the network.
On this page:
A small number of T-Mobile, T-Mobile Prepaid, and Metro by T-Mobile customers will be affected by an upcoming network update.
- As a result of the network update going into place on 1/29/2021, we identified a small number of older devices that are not able to receive a manufacturer software update and as a result, these devices will be unable to establish a network connection.
- T-Mobile and Metro customers utilizing these older devices will lose all network connectivity if they do not replace their device.
- All other impacted devices have successfully been sent a software update to help that device stay connected on our network. If you have not updated your software, please do so now to make sure that your services will not be impacted on January 29, 2021.
- If you are currently using one of the devices listed below, please contact us or go into a Retail store to upgrade your device before January 29, 2021.
- Arlo Security Camera System
- The Arlo Security Camera is no longer affected and will work as intended.
- AT&T Galaxy Note 4 (T-Mobile branded version is not impacted, but will need to update to latest software version)
- Verizon Galaxy Note 4 (T-Mobile branded version is not impacted, but will need to update to latest software version)
- AT&T Galaxy Note Edge
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle
- HTC Desire 650
- Google Nexus 9
- Huawei Mate 8
- Huawei P9
- Mikrotikls SIA R11e-LTE6
- OnePlus 1
- Quanta Computer Inc Quanta DragonIR7
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos
- Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
- Sony Xperia Z3
- Sony Xperia Z3 Orion
- Sony D6616 Xperia Z3 Orion
- Soyea Mobile Communication Equipment Co Ltd SOYEA M02
- ZTE ZMAX
T-Mobile has some exciting new offers that will be available for some impacted customers. To see what offers are available, reach out to us.
- T-Mobile app: https://www.t-mobile.com/apps/download-t-mobile-app
- Customer Care Toll Free: 1-800-937-8997
- Prepaid Customer Care Toll Free: 1-877-778-2106
- Retail Stores near you: https://www.t-mobile.com/store-locator
- Contact us
Metro by T-Mobile has some exciting new offers that will be available for some impacted customers. To see what offers are available, reach out to us.
Was this helpful?