With the Network Pass, you can test the T-Mobile network for free for up to 3 months!
On this page:
What's the deal?
Network Pass gives you up to three months of unlimited data for free, all while keeping your current carrier and phone number. This gives you the ability to try our network risk free. Find out more!
- Current T-Mobile, Sprint, and Metro by T-Mobile customers or customers of T-Mobile partners using the T-Mobile network are not eligible
- Users who have taken part in T-Mobile Network pass in the last 12 months are not eligible
- Only available to participants in the U.S (United States) with existing service on another carrier. Not for international use
- Must have a compatible eSIM capable device.
- Your device must be unlocked by your existing carrier
- Wi-Fi internet connection required to complete setup
- iPhone XS, XS Max
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro
- iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13, 13 mini, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2022)
- Pixel 3, 3XL
- Pixel 3a, 3a XL
- Pixel 4, 4 XL
- Pixel 4a, 4a 5G
- Pixel 5, 5a
- Pixel 6, 6 Pro
- Galaxy Fold
- Galaxy Note20, Note 20 Ultra
- Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra
- Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra
- Galaxy S22, S22+, S22 Ultra
Get your Network Pass
- Make sure you’re connected to Wi-Fi with an active internet connection.
- Download the T-Mobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.
- Open the T-Mobile app and choose Try T-Mobile.
- Follow the on-screen steps to sign up, including:
- Checking your eligibility
- Creating your profile
- Connecting your eSIM
Activate your eSIM
Once you’ve signed up for Network Pass, you need to activate your eSIM:
- In the T-Mobile app, select Connect my phone.
- On your iPhone, choose the Add Cellular Plan pop-up, then select Continue.
- Choose to add the T-Mobile plan as Secondary, then select Continue.
- Don’t make changes to the default line. Select Continue.
- Don’t make changes to FaceTime or iMessage. Select Continue.
- Choose Secondary to make T-Mobile the default plan, then select Done.
- In the T-Mobile app, choose to Download my eSIM > Connect my line.
- When you get the pop-up, choose to Allow access to your eUICC profile.
- Wait while your eSIM downloads.
- In the T-Mobile app, choose Connect my phone.
- Choose OK for any of the following prompts you may get:
- Your SIM will be downloaded soon
- Disconnect from current carrier
- Use Wi-Fi to download your SIM
- When prompted, choose T-Mobile as the SIM for data.
- Make sure to leave your current carrier as the SIM for calls and messages.
Experience the T-Mobile network
Once you're set up, make sure you try the T-Mobile network out wherever you use your device most! Here’s some things you can do to make the most out of it:
When you open the T-Mobile app, you’ll see:
- A personalized report on the quality of your network experience so far
- Compare coverage & performance with your current carrier
- Run a speed test and see how fast it really is!
If you don’t see your coverage report, select See My Network Scorecard.
Run into a snag? We can help!
What to do after the test
You’ve given it a shot, are you ready to take the plunge?
That’s great to hear! Let’s get you switched over:
- Open the T-Mobile app and choose Switch to T-Mobile.
- Follow the on-screen steps. See Easy Switch for details
That’s ok! We’re always working to ensure you have a great network experience with T-Mobile, so check back in a year!
In the meantime, you’ll want to remove the T-Mobile eSIM from your device. For steps, choose your device and choose the eSIM drawer.
Limited time offer; subject to change. 5G device req'd to access 5G network. For Network Pass: Data available for 3 monthly cycles for approximately 90 days. During congestion, customers on this plan using>50GB/mo. may notice reduced speeds until next monthly cycle due to data prioritization. Video typically streams on smartphone/tablet in SD quality. Tethering not available. For Test Drive, data access for 30 days or 30GB, whichever is earlier; includes 200MB roaming. Your non-T-Mobile rate plan terms also apply. You may need to upgrade when you switch to get full coverage. Not for international use. Active non-T-Mobile service required; your carrier's terms also apply. You may need to upgrade when you switch to get full coverage. Coverage not available in some areas. See Network Management Policies and Terms and Conditions (including arbitration provision) at T-Mobile.com for additional information.
Was this helpful?