T-Mobile for Business customers can use the Secure Wi-Fi app to encrypt data when using an unsecured Wi-Fi network.
- Automatically starts when a Wi-Fi connection is detected. Turns off when done - 'Set and forget' mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
- Automatically enhances poorly performing Wi-Fi by seamlessly augmenting it with the T-Mobile network where available.
- Encrypts unprotected data end-to-end from the device to the internet.
- Works on any Wi-Fi globally.
- Available for T-Mobile for Business accounts. Not available for T-Mobile postpaid or prepaid accounts at this time.
- You will need to add the Business Secure WIFI Protect service to your account. To add this service, use the steps on the Manage services: Account Hub page.
- Device with Apple iOS 10 or higher / Android 5 or higher.
- Connection to public Wi-Fi.
- Download and open the Secure Wi-Fi app while connected to the T-Mobile network.
- On the welcome and consent screen, select:
- iOS: I agree.
- Android: Agree to Consent, install Carrier Hub if required.
- The Check Subscription screen briefly appears. If you're not automatically redirected to the next screen, select Check Subscription.
- Select I agree, Enable VPN.
- Agree to the system configuration prompts. For iOS only:
- Allow VPN configuration.
- Approve authentication.
- Allow notifications.
- Set data use preferences (optional).
- On the Congratulations screen, select OK.
- Once connected, you can view:
- Current VPN
- Status timeframe
- Subscription status
- More info
- Use Wi-Fi, as usual, Secure Wi-Fi will be running in the background.
If you experience an issue downloading the app, the error "Your account is not authorized. Please contact your administrator." see the App requirements section.
Was this helpful?