Thanks for your interest in T-Mobile for Business service. Before you make the switch, review important details for your device and phone number.
Bring your own device
- First check that your device is compatible.
- Next contact your current carrier to confirm or request a device unlock code for your device.
- Then confirm your device is unlocked and if applicable, make sure it is paid off.
- For more information, review our Bring your own device (BYOD) guide for compatibility and eligibility.
Get a new device
- We offer an easy-to-use guide to Set up a new T-Mobile phone so you can transfer data from your old device.
- Check out T-Mobile on YouTube for many helpful, hands-on device unboxing, and setup tips.
Activate a device with embedded SIM (eSIM)
- When activating a device that has an eSIM, use the SIM card & eSIM page for detailed steps to activate.
- Check out your device details for eSIM compatibility.
- You may be eligible for a device payment balance or Early Termination Fee reimbursement offer.
- Review the process on the Switch2T-Mobile page to get your reimbursement request started.
Transfer your existing number
To switch your lines to T-Mobile, you’ll need to have the following information from your current carrier:
- Phone numbers
- Account number (often located on your bill or online account)
- Account PIN (often used to verify your account)
- Personal accounts may require a Number Transfer PIN
- Some carriers offer ‘porting protection’ which restricts carrier transfers. Contact your carrier for information on this service and how to remove any restrictions.
Need a new number?
- If you’re not switching your numbers from another carrier, your new devices are active out of the box, which includes SIM cards that were ordered for a new line of service.
- Upon activation we’ll send you an Activation Confirmation email containing all the details you’ll need.
Ready to join us? Review how to Switch your numbers to T-Mobile.
Was this helpful?