Congratulations on your new device purchase! Trade in your old device within 30 days from when your new device shipped, or you’ll miss out on the trade-in value and promotional offer.
The fastest way is to return it at a T-Mobile store. This way, you don't have to worry about finding your label, printing it, and packing the box. Your trade-in value and promotion are applied to your account right away.
Upgrades that require shipping
- JUMP! upgrades: Your order status will say JUMP! upgrade in the top right.
- T-Mobile Authorized Retailer: These locations can't accept trade-ins. The store locator tells you the type of store.
- Other retailers: Trade-ins associated with purchases from other retailers like Apple, BestBuy, Samsung, and Walmart must be shipped.
If shipping is required or easier for you, please be aware that:
- The estimated value may change once the device is received and assessed. You may not be qualified for a credit if:
- The device is reported as lost or stolen.
- The anti-theft feature or Find My iPhone feature is turned on.
- There's any damage to the device.
- You'll get trade-in device status updates via text messages and emails.
- We'll notify you if the device value or promotional offer changes.
- You’ll need to log into your account on T-Mobile.com to accept any new offers or have the device returned.
- You’ll need to locate and print your label.
- If you're returning more than one device, each one needs to be in its own box with its own return shipping label.
- If reassessed at a lower value, you can change your mind and ask to have the device returned to you instead.
- Returned devices will ship within 5 business days.
- You may return your new device, or keep it.
- If the trade-in is not received within 30 days, you’ll lose the value and offer.
- It may take up to two billing cycles for your trade-in value to be applied to your account.
Not logged in to your account? Check your order status and get your trade-in return shipping label. You’ll need your order number, billing ZIP Code, and last name.
Logged in to your account? Go to the Account Order Status page to:
- Review your trade-in accepted value.
- Print the trade-in return shipping label(s). Remember: each trade-in device requires its own box and return shipping label.
- Select Account.
- Choose the trade-in line.
- Select Check Order Status.
- Choose Print shipping label.
- Review the return shipping label instructions for what to include in the box.
- Keep for your records the return merchandise authorization (RMA) number, tracking number, and trade-in details.
If you haven't yet set up a T-Mobile ID, you’ll want to do this as soon as you receive your order.
Was this helpful?