You can activate T-Mobile Prepaid service on the web for your existing eSIM device, as long as it's been unlocked for use on other carriers' networks. To activate directly from your device, check out the T-Mobile Prepaid eSIM app, no QR code required.
Activating with eSIM is a great way to bring over your own device to experience T-Mobile's 5G network. Begin your journey here:
- On your computer or device, go to prepaid.t-mobile.com and click the banner to activate service with eSIM.
- Follow the steps to check for device compatibility by selecting which make and model of device you have. When finished, select Continue to plans.
- If you don't see your device listed, select My device is not listed and then select Get a SIM Card.
- Your device will require a physical SIM card to activate service. Follow the additional screen prompts to begin activating your T-Mobile service with a physical SIM card.
- Scroll and select from the list of available Prepaid rate plans. When finished, select Continue to payment.
- Enter your personal information (name, email, zip code, payment method), then select Continue to review.
- If your email is already in use with a T-Mobile account, you'll need to use a different email.
- If the email was previously used with a T-Mobile account, you'll need to validate a one-time PIN before continuing. It may take a minute or two before it arrives in your email inbox or spam folder.
- Review your order and select Order now to complete the process.
- When the Success screen appears, scan the QR code with your device to download and activate your new T-Mobile eSIM profile, then select Continue.
- Unable to scan the QR code at this time? You can screenshot the QR code and save it as an image for later.
- You can also use the Welcome email to download your eSIM profile at a later time.
- Congrats and welcome to T-Mobile! Your new phone number will appear on the Welcome screen.
- You will receive a welcome email with your order details, new phone number, and instructions to download your eSIM profile.
Here are some error messages you may receive using the app and tips to solve them.
The email address that you used to create your order has been registered with T-Mobile before.
- If the email is currently in use with a T-Mobile account, you'll need a different email address to create a new account.
- If it was previously used with a T-Mobile account, you'll need to validate a one-time PIN before continuing. It may take a minute or two before it arrives in your email inbox or spam folder.
The credit card used to complete your order was declined.
- Select Start over to re-enter your details or try another credit card to complete your order.
This error may appear throughout the order process.
- Select Start over to go back and retry setting up your account. If the error continues, contact Care.
Was this helpful?