Due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, we believe it’s now even more important that we continue to keep T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers connected to family and friends. We are closely monitoring the effects to communities across the country, as well as making adjustments to lessen your financial impact if you’re trying to reach your friends and family abroad.
As is our usual practice, you may receive a text notification to inform you when your unbilled account balance becomes higher than usual, due to premium-rated voice, data, or international usage charges.
Charges are incurred during international travel when:
- Making and receiving calls while in foreign countries.
- Using data while roaming in Non-Simple Global countries. See the 210+ destinations.
Making calls to international destinations from the U.S. will generate charges.
- As part of our support for customers impacted by COVID-19, T-Mobile is offering free international calling for all T Mobile and Metro by T Mobile customers to landline (and in many cases mobile) numbers in specific countries. For a list of countries and connections that are free, check out our Customer FAQs.
- Charges incurred by calls to countries not covered by the offer will appear on your next bill.
- International calls placed to a landline (or mobile if included) in one of the eligible countries on or after the date the country was added to the list, through May 13, will be credited on your next bill and no further action is needed by you to receive this credit.
There’s no impact to service until your unbilled charges reach a balance of $1,500, at which time the line is suspended as a precautionary measure. All usage charges, including any that will be automatically credited due to COVID-19, counts towards this threshold. If a line on your account is suspended during the bill cycle, service may be restored by contacting an Expert at 1-800-937-8997 or +1-505-998-3793 (when roaming internationally).
Check out COVID-19 (Coronavirus) customer updates for details on how T-Mobile is helping during times of need.
Learn more about Billing information such as avoiding bill shock, usage alerts, and more!