During this unprecedented time, you have T-Mobile's commitment to help you stay connected as we all navigate through uncharted territory. As we continue to closely monitor the effects of COVID-19, we recognize that your wireless device plays a key role in maintaining business and social connections. Here's how we are currently helping!
While we know times are difficult now, save $8 and pay your bill digitally.
If you are experiencing hardship as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic and are unable to make a payment or your account becomes past due (including your rate plan costs, handset repayments and device protection payments), contact us and we can help! You can also set up a payment arrangement online by clicking below, which will allow you to separate your past due balance into four payments.
Some states offer additional consumer protection regulations for those who have device protection plans:
Check out these helpful pages for connection issue solutions:
- Can't call, dropped calls & other calling issues
- Messaging and Email troubleshooting
- Internet and data issues
High speed Internet
Available through June 30:
- All T-Mobile customers as of March 13, 2020 who have plans with data will automatically have unlimited smartphone data (excluding roaming). No action required.
- Providing our LifeLine customers with extra free LTE data up to 5GB per month until June 30.
- Increased data allowance for free to schools and students using our EmpowerED digital learning program to provide access to at least 20GB of data per month.
T-Mobile postpaid and Metro customers on plans with HotSpot data can add 20GB (10 GB / month for two months) of Smartphone Mobile HotSpot at no extra charge. (excludes Prepaid T-Mobile Connect)
- Available through June 30, for 60 days from the day you add the feature to your account.
- You must add the data feature to each line.
- T-Mobile: COVID-19 Response – High-speed Smartphone Mobile Hotspot Data
- Metro by T-Mobile: Free 10GB Extra HotSpot Data.
- Log into Account Hub.
- Go to Manage Accounts.
- From the Manage Users tab, click on the three dots for the desired line and select Change service.
- Select COVID-19 Response – High-speed Smartphone Mobile Hotspot Data.
- Click Review changes.
- Review the changes and select the checkbox to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click Submit changes.
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account.
- Under My phone, click Plans & Services.
- Click View all plan and services.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add the COVID-19 Response – High-speed Smartphone Mobile Hotspot Data feature.
Your account has automatically been updated with the 10GB / month for two months (total of 20GB) offer - no additional action is needed.
- T-Mobile is offering free international calling for all current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers (excludes Prepaid T-Mobile Connect) to landlines and some mobile numbers through May 13, 2020 to help you stay connected to family and friends abroad. Calls placed on or after May 14, 2020 will be charged their normal rate based on your rate plan type.
- Check out the list of free countries on the FAQ page in the ‘Are you offering anything for customers who need to call families overseas?’ section.
- You may receive a high-balance notification when placing calls, however, your bill will automatically be adjusted.
While roaming internationally or aboard a cruise ship you may be concerned about the high volume of roaming charges or a high balance. Please contact our experts today to discuss your options 1-800-937-8997.
We understand how important your device is in keeping you connected. All device orders placed on or before May 13, 2020 will be sent with free two-day shipping. Warranty exchange orders placed on or before May 13, 2020 with insurance protection get free one-day free shipping.
- Check order status on your My T-Mobile account. Click My Phone, then click Order Status.
- To check package delays in your area, enter your ZIP Code on UPS.com.
- If you're currently under quarantine and unable to accept delivery, redirect your package by signing up for MyChoice with UPS.
- Warranty in-store pick up orders are currently unavailable.
- Please follow the normal equipment return process for Warranty exchanges to avoid out of warranty and/or non-return fees.
If you've recently traveled abroad, you may receive the following text message when returning to the U.S.:
<<CDC Alert: The Centers for Disease Control advises travelers returning to the US to watch their health for 14 days and learn more about whether they should stay home: <Learn more> www.cdc.gov/COVIDtravel
- You will be sent this message from T-Mobile as requested by the Centers for Disease Control.
- All wireless carriers have been asked to share this important information with you.
- You may receive this message even if the country that you traveled to was not included on the high-risk country list. This is a global concern and exposure can happen in any country.
- This alert is not spam or phishing.
Things to know
- T-Mobile is not providing your information to the CDC.
- These alerts are sent to you just like any other weather or Amber Alert, because we care.
- For additional information, please visit www.cdc.gov/COVIDtravel
To protect the health of our employee's, some call centers and retail stores have closed or reduced the hours of operation.
- Store availability may vary by area.
- Use the store locator to check for an available store near you and its hours of operation.
- Contact the store prior to your visit to make sure the help you need is available. Most stores are offering curbside service only, due to local precautions.
- All store employees and all customers (over the age of 2) entering stores are required to wear a mask/face covering.
T-Mobile Care Experts will continue to be available as the current conditions allow.
- Engage with our Community for some best practices.
- Reach a Care Expert in the T-Mobile app
- Call by phone 1-800-937-8997