Connecting is crucial.
We stand ready 24/7/365 to support communities with network response teams, telecommunications infrastructure and employee volunteers to lend a hand and ensure network reliability. And we’ve donated millions of dollars in calls, texts, and equipment to assist relief efforts around the world.
One resilient network.
To ensure people can use our network when it matters most, we’re prepared with:
- 24/7 national Engineering Response & Crisis Management teams
- Network Operation Centers (NOCs) to manage network traffic, with backup equipment and power supplies on hand
- Pre-located cell sites on wheels (COWS) to provide additional wireless capacity to hardest-hit areas
- Consistent readiness drills throughout the year to ensure a rapid, effective response
Crisis response teams.
Supporting people on the ground is another top priority during emergencies, and we’ve been there with critical donations.
We've donated millions of dollars in international calls and texts in support of relief efforts for events like the 2010 Haiti earthquake, the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake & tsunami, the 2013 landfall of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines, the April 2015 Nepal earthquake, the 2016 Italian earthquake, and the 2017 US and Puerto Rican hurricanes. Plus:
- Thousands of emergency mobile phones
- Additional equipment to support relief workers and the public
- Backup power sources and services like Wi-Fi calling, which provide other ways to stay in touch if cellular service goes down
- Charging stations in our retail stores that are made available to everyone.
For business and government customers, T‑Mobile's Persistent Communications solution combines Wi-Fi calling with the ability to access satellite services for back-haul connectivity. This allows first responders and incident commanders to stay connected using their everyday Wi-Fi-enabled phones, even when commercial wireless networks are out of service.
Text To Give
To further boost relief and recovery efforts, we create mobile giving campaigns that have raised millions of dollars in donations through text-based channels. And throughout the year, T-Mobile Foundation and our employees regularly donate and volunteer time to organizations like the American Red Cross.
When 2017's hurricane season topped records on all fronts, T‑Mobile rapid-response teams and major league fundraising kicked into high gear.