Project 10Million Privacy Notice
Project 10Million aims to eradicate the U.S. homework gap through an unprecedented $10 billion commitment that will deliver free internet access to 10 million households over the next five years. Eligible families will receive 100 GB of free broadband internet access, and a free T-Mobile Wi-Fi enabled hotspot.
With parental consent, T-Mobile collects the following information from children under 13 who use the hotspot:
- Data Usage: T-Mobile tracks the quantity of broadband internet data usage to have that usage total counted against the 100 GB per year of free broadband internet access. As part of delivering this service, T-Mobile also receives the IP address associated with the websites visited.
- Unique identifiers: T-Mobile collects a device and network identifier to authenticate the device on our network and provide the service.
T-Mobile uses this personal information only to provide internet connectivity and perform internal analytics. T-Mobile will not share the information described above with anyone other than service providers under the same restrictions described above. T-Mobile may, however, aggregate personal information so that it can no longer be associated with an individual child. T-Mobile may disclose aggregated personal information to third parties, such as federal or local governments or agencies, or schools, to comply with its legal requirements and to give schools an accurate indication of how many students are taking advantage of the program.
Please be advised that T-Mobile provides connectivity to the general internet through the Project 10Million service. That connectivity allows your child to access websites that may involve data collection by third parties. T-Mobile is not responsible for the data collection activities of these third parties and you should carefully monitor your child’s use of the service.
Parents have the right to review and control their children’s personal information under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Please see the instructions below to exercise your rights. Please be aware that if you contact us to exercise your rights, we may need to collect additional information from you to verify your identity.
Your Rights as a Parent:
- You may review the personal information T-Mobile collected about your child.
- You may request that T-Mobile delete the personal information T-Mobile collected about your child. Please be aware that deleting your child’s personal information will result in the cancellation of service to your hotspot because T-Mobile requires that information to provide the service.
- You may direct T-Mobile not to collect your child’s personal information; however, this will result in the cancellation of service to your hotspot because T-Mobile must be able to collect browsing activity and unique identifiers to provide the service. To exercise your rights, please visit T-Mobile Privacy Center.