We’ll pay for your Apple
iPhone SE, 6S, 6S+, 7,
We’ll pay for your Google
Pixel and Pixel XL.
1. Verify your phone is eligible, in good working condition and undamaged.
2. Make sure you know the login info and PIN for your Verizon account.
3. Head to a T-Mobile Store. One of our reps will help take care of the rest.
Say goodbye to your phone balance!
What is #GetOutoftheRed?
T-Mobile is making it easier than ever to break up with Verizon. Now, if you’re a Verizon customer with an eligible phone and you want to switch to T-Mobile, we’ll pay off what you owe to Verizon via prepaid MasterCard AND you can keep that device to use on the T-Mobile network when you switch and sign up for BYOD with PDP Plus. And you’ll get paid fast – typically within 15 days.
How can I take advantage of this offer?
Starting May 31, visit a T-Mobile retail location where we can assist you through the process.
- After we verify your device eligibility, we will help you capture the needed phone Installment Balance information from Verizon
- We will activate your line(s) when you bring over your current phone number and help set up your T-Mobile ID
- We’ll also get you set up with T-Mobile’s Premium Device Protection (PDP) Plus
- After typically 15 days, and upon confirmed eligibility, you will receive a virtual Card via SMS that you can use to pay your EIP balance with Verizon.
Are there any special requirements?
- It’s for Verizon customers switching with an eligible device that passes the three-point inspection
- You must have had a device installment plan agreement with Verizon for at least 60 days
- You will need to port-in your phone number to T-Mobile
- For the first time, you can protect a device you bring to T-Mobile with our BYOD for Premium Device Protection (PDP) Plus for only $15 a month
- Must remain as an active T-Mobile customer for at least 15 days; at that time you are eligible to receive reimbursement via a virtual prepaid MasterCard
This offer is limited to 5 lines per account
What is PDP Plus?
For only $15 per month, BYOD with Premium Device Protection Plus gives you coverage for accidental damage and hardware service—for any mechanical breakdown—as well as lost and stolen devices, plus:
- Identity theft protection tools with 24/7/365 dedicated agents to provide Lost Wallet and ID Restoration services backed by $1 million insurance for qualifying recovery expenses.
- Data Protection against viruses and online threats and including privacy protection for up to 10 compatible devices, including phones, tablets and even your PCs and Macs. Also includes a password manager and anti-theft features like a capture cam capability that takes a photo of whoever is trying to unlock your phone (after 3 failed attempts) and emails you their location!
- Tech PHD (Personal Help Desk) provides VIP-level access to immediate, personal technical and diagnostic support via online chat, phone and self-serve resources for devices that connect to your T-Mobile phones, tablets and Hotspots – like printers, routers, TVs and game consoles. Support for connected devices is limited to setup, configuration or resolution of a home network connectivity issue.
How do I know if my phone is in good working condition?
When you visit a T-Mobile store to redeem the offer, your phone will need to pass a three-point inspection. Be sure that your device:
- Does not have any water damage
- Does not have a cracked screen
- Is able to turn on
Why is #GetOutoftheRed only for Verizon customers?
Right now, this is only available for the certain Verizon phones that have unique software that works across all carriers. We are working on improving the process of switching for everyone.
What phones are eligible for #GetOutoftheRed”?
- iPhone SE, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus
- Google Pixel, Pixel XL
And, we’re working with phone manufacturers to enable more devices.
What about other phones?
Phones need certain software to be globally compatible, and some phones don’t yet have that software. We’re working with device manufacturers to make more phones compatible and help more people #GetOutoftheRed.
Are these phones compatible with the T-Mobile network?
Yes! We’ve substantially completed our Extended Range LTE coverage rollout - which means that the Pixel or iPhone 6s or newer is going to work even better on T-Mobile’s network than before.
Why doesn’t this work for AT&T or Sprint?
AT&T and Sprint must unlock their devices, and those phones won’t work right away on T-Mobile’s network. But, AT&T and Sprint customers can still switch to T-Mobile. We’ll pay off your early termination fees (ETFs) or outstanding phone payments when you get a new phone on T-Mobiles Equipment Installment Plan (EIP). And for a limited time, we’re waiving the trade-in requirement – so now you can keep your phone or trade it in and put the value towards a new device.