EmpowerED Mobile Equipment includes:
- Free mobile Internet devices ranging in value from $80 to $200; or
- A subsidy of up to $200 per mobile Internet device, for devices over $200.
EmpowerED Mobile Data Plans include:
- Two-year contracts for one of the following discounted education data plans:
- 2GB for $10: Up to 2GB of high-speed data, followed by data at reduced speeds up to 128kbps. T-Mobile will waive the $10 service charge for the 2GB plan for the applicants that demonstrate the highest need. T-Mobile will award a limited number of waivers at its sole discretion.
- Unlimited LTE plan for $20 with unlimited on-device 4G LTE data.
Video typically streams on T-Mobile device at DVD quality (480p). On all T-Mobile plans, the small fraction of customers using over 50GB/mo. may notice reduced speeds until next bill cycle due to data prioritization. Tethering at max 3G speeds. Sales tax and regulatory fees included in monthly service price.
EmpowerED Service & Support includes:
- Planning, implementation, and deployment support.
- Content filtering, which helps prevent access to adult content. EmpowerED participants may choose one of these options at no additional charge: (1) Web Guard filters http web page content on our network; or (2) WebTitan by TitanHQ™, a thirdparty product which can filter even secured (https) traffic at the domain level. Schools that do not use a T-Mobile-facilitated filter thereby acknowledge that they will provide their own CIPA-compliant filter on all EmpowerED devices for the duration of their use.
Students and their families will not be required to pay any money for devices and/or wireless service received through this program.